Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

DEFINING ME

I think its safe to say that I have had the busiest month ever. But not to worry, I will be back. Bigger and better.
How was your weekend?
Mine was dull except the tiny fact that I met the amazing trio at Ask the writers-episode 1 on saturday.

So here is a little something I penned down, and am super sure that a lot of folks will relate to it. Enjoy the read and have a beautiful and productive day ahead.

Thanks to peace itimi of http://peaceitimi.blogspot.com/?m=1 and annette davies for editing it.
............................................................

Perhaps the best way to define a thing/person is to find out what its not.

I am not the clothes I wear,
Neither am I the shoes on my feet.
I am not the extensions I attach to my hair
I am not my underwear, which by design are meant to not be seen
I am not the glasses I wear, just so we are clear I ain't myopic in nature.
I am neither a slave to the material things that tempt me endlessly.
All these things and more are just physical and there are what I am not.......

A persons like or dislikes has nothing to do with who they are.

I like chocolate
I love the color blue
I like music
I love to write
I like art

But this things are not what I am made of, they only define the things that make me happy - The things I take pleasure in.

Let me tell you who I am.

I am strong..brave.. And determined

I take no pleasure in mediocrity

I wanna be rich and famous - ain't even going to deny that.

I have a beautiful mind

I am complicated but like a puzzle that may look scattered,I come together to make a beautiful picture

I am wonderfully and fearfully made.

I am loved.

So, don't go defining me by what you hear on the rumor mill, people have their own opinions - doesn't make it true

And Yea, don't even go defining me by my temperament.
I'm only human, I get mad and make mistakes sometimes.

Now, here I am telling you that:
I don't bite,
I won't smile so much that it annoys or freaks you out but neither would I frown - all I want is your comfort.
I would 'try' to answer all you ask but I can't meet all your expectations - I'm only human.
I won't hurt you deliberately but they'd be times we'd want to hate each other - our differences as individuals would always speak up at times.

All I'm saying is: I'm not perfect, I make mistakes but I'm deeper than you see in the surface and I'd never intentionally do anything to hurt you.
All I'm asking is: Don't just go saying sh** about me and before you go defining me; actually take time and KNOW ME - The Me I know (or at least close)

Love Suzanne.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

7 comments:

  1. "Perhaps the best way to define a thing/person is to
    find out what its not"
    #Deep!!

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cassie for stopping by. I appreciate this comment. Owk am gushing too much now.

      Delete
  2. I am loved,that's settle it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly maa'm. Nothing beats that fact.thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I wish people really got to know who I am, it would make perfect sense to everyone....especially me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go girl, straight from the heart. you can visit my blog here http://leeznijis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks liz. I am heading over there in a jiffy. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete