Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

MY PLANTAIN CHIPS FIASCO

Chai Suzanne, when will you ever learn to control your long throat SMH? I and my sweetheart girlfriend were coming back from lunch this hot afternoon after downing roasted bole and fish (still salivating at the thought of it.) but forget my meal, on getting to the main gate of the complex where we work and saw this elderly lady selling plantain chips, not the type you buy in supermarkets, but the locally made ones, tied in these white nylons, seriously I consider those things evil, you know how filled you are but cannot resist buying them, luckily for us the security supervisor (counter man, as I like to call him) saw us and an invisible sign saying buy for them, and he paid for two of those things, you can imagine my joy. when I got into my office to eat these things(I and my girl struggled for it oh) and they tasted like chalk mixed with water, thinking it was because I took the ones that weren't ripe enough I took a bite of the other ones in the nylon, only to finally figure out that they all tasted the same, in disgust I remembered that my girl had a can of malt in her bag, without wasting time I headed straight to the bag to get it, it only made matters worse, it tasted like tin tomato and chalk water.

How can my beloved plantain chips turn out to be poison? I quickly ran to the bathroom to wash my mouth with the use of liquid soap (rolling my eyes) only for my girl to tell me to just use water and I would be fine. Still upset that my mouth still tastes the same and it's not funny at all (I will eventually get over it tho, I ALWAYS DO).

It only made me remember a saying that you don't judge a thing by its appearance that something is attractive and beautiful on the outside doesn't make useful or good, so before you take a decision or say something hereby making anyone look great or ugly depending on your disposition due to being biased through appearance, get to meet that person and know a little about him/her before concluding in your heart who the person is, or you might end up being either disappointed as I was with my chips, or end up being blown away by how great the person is. And no am not buying plantain chips ever again except am in traffic(I trust those guys than this old lady, and hunger rears its ugly head. Till then I still need mint to rid my mouth of this ugly taste.

Love suzanne

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

10 comments:

  1. Shoot! This is the best thing of yours I have ever read. kai, e swt me die.
    I love how you give us the gist then chipped in a lesson. Short and precise (I should take a cue from you oo, I sabi write long things well well).
    Anyways, amazing post. I love it.

    And eh! Well, I'm a lil glad u didn't enjoy d chips and malt. Haba after eaten bole' ( u neva fat or chubby reach?).

    Lovely post once more.
    You know I wrote something on 'not judging by appearances' once and I say you did a better job than I did. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace dear, how can I resist those sweet looking plantain chips, they were practically calling me. But I don learn my lesson sha. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol what a hilarious scenario. Although i suspect that those deep friend peppered plantain twists always taste good. its the chips that you can't always be too sure of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations suzanne on your post! I really enjoyed d element of SUSPENSE in it! You are turning to be among facebooks Elite writter! Lol, *tongue out*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *singing started from the bottom now we here* thanks. Am glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  5. Naijawife, kai the thing pain me oh to think I wasted 100naira for it.those guys in traffic always sell the best plantain chips ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! nice one there. come to think of it you two were fighting over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before nko? If you see the thing, you for race me for am. But thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Writing about a funny experience and bringing into focus a known but well overlooked moral lesson is in my book 'good writing'. Well-done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *humbled gan* thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete