Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

THINKING ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY



I have always not been a fan of talking about this topic because it’s something i struggle with, but then i ask myself don’t we all?
 Reflections aims at adressing issues that have crippled both our confidence and self-worth as humans and has also led us to those places in life where we pray to never send our enemies to even if sometimes we might wish that the ones who judge us would fall into those places and i ask myself when i think that way, is anyone safe from insecurities? My thought exactly. None is free from this menace that has left so many mentally stressed and worn out from chasing after the wind and ending up unhappy and unable to live life to the fullest.

What if he doesn’t like me?
What are they thinking about me?
What are they saying behind my back?
What if they don’t accept me?
Did I say something wrong?
Was it the way I walked?
Does she think of me as uncool?

All these questions have molested us right from when we were growing up till date; we have always worried about how people perceive us that we have so sunk so helplessly low into some unfortunate things. I call them unfortunate because they are not supposed to exist. We all seek love and acceptance yes there is no one that doesn’t want to be loved and cared for but in the cause of seeking these things we have lost our identity and are trying so hard to be like everyone else. We are so scared that if people see how different we are they wouldn’t like us rather they would criticize us to heaven and back, judge us and honestly I don’t like being judge not by me or anyone else(I think its cheap), so we put up masks to enable us blend in.

We do all manner of things to enable our friends and family love us and accept us. I don’t need to tell you what you do; you all know the things you do to fit in. you feel if you don’t act in a certain way they would only see you as the weird one, as far as I know it’s either you are authentic or you join the bandwagon, most people join the bandwagon. What do you choose? Being real or acting fake the earlier you decide the better life becomes. Stop looking outwards to people for acceptance when it’s more of an internal problem because even YOU don’t like YOU that’s why you are unsure of who you are and want to be someone else
That a particular person doesn’t accept you the way you are doesn’t make that person any cooler than you are. Fat, slim, rich, or poor everyone is unique; most times we are victims of certain circumstances beyond our control. Instead of trying to fit in with the crowd try as much as possible to stand out and look yourself in the mirror and say positive things to yourself. So next time when that girl in your neighborhood tells you that you have to put on make-up or wear certain kind of clothes all cause you just want to be friends with her or the guys in your area are telling you to do certain things that don’t step up to your standards or the values you have. Or try to put you down when you speak in public because they think you are too dumb to kick it with them(most times they scared cause you so smart). Here is what I want you to do look them in the face and simply say I am as awesome and beautiful/smart/funny/cool e.t.c as I can be, you don’t have to go beat yourself up or start acting like them cause it would only make you depressed and more insecure than you already are. You don’t have to live in constant fear and worry of how things would turn out tomorrow or how people see you or where you are headed in life cause fear only cripples your ability to take actions that would make you a better person. Take hold of your future today, leave the cares and worries to him (Christ) who has the capacity to Pause,Play,Rewind and Fast Forward you into the future he planned for you.

STAND out don’t BLEND

LOVE SUZANNE


2 comments:

  1. Girl, keep it up. can't just get enough of your posts. you are really good. you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am humbled by these words liz. Been following your blog too, you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete